What's new

Can I backup a TS-251a to a TS-112P?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

htismaqe

Very Senior Member
I currently have a TS-112P and it works pretty good. However, I'm wanting to repurpose it as a web server/file storage for a project I'm working on. It seems like a perfect time to upgrade to a 2-bay NAS with Intel CPU so I can do some of the beefier stuff like Virtualization Station.

In addition, the TS-112P would be moved to a location in town, making it the perfect place for me to do remote backups of my NAS.

Anybody know if it will work?

Backup Station has a ton of options for backup, sync, and replication from NAS to NAS...

I'm just wondering if backing up NAS to NAS is feasible, backing up an Intel-based NAS to an ARM-based one.

I'm just wondering if backing up NAS to NAS is feasible, backing up an Intel-based NAS to an ARM-based one.

Backup station, which basically is a front end/portal, is focused on the user files, which is where the valuable data lives, and then back up the configuration files (which is in a different location, thanks QNAP!) - it doesn't do a clone of the disk set, which is probably ok...

Wait till you've seen the work they've done with QTS 4.2 on the Intel versions, some of it is pretty cool (not just KVM/QEMU in Virtualization Station, but the LXC/Docker stuff over in Container Station is very easy and powerful to use - and LinuxStation is basically a full instance of Ubuntu inside a container rather than being a KVM image, so it runs a bit faster, and a lot less memory).

Check for updates on the Firmware, looks like both ARM and X86 got a push today for 4.2.2...

QTS 4.2.2 Build 20160901

[Known issue]

Back up
- The Container Station folder can only be backed up using Rsync when no containers are running. It is recommended to use the import/export feature in Container Station to back up containers.

Container Station
- Setup default folder of Contrainer Station on a VJBOD shared folder and reboot VJBOD would cause Container Station crash. Container Station v1.6 will not support VJBOD and filter out all VJBOD shared folders.

[Bug fixes]

- Fixed a Backup Station vulnerability (CWE-78).
- Fixed two Options vulnerabilities (CWE-78 and CWE-434).
- Fixed two App Center vulnerabilities (CWE-78 and CWE-79).
- Fixed two File Station vulnerabilities (CWE-78 and CWE-79).
- Fixed an issue where a TVS-EC1280U-SAS-RP's network throughput would drop when using an Intel X540-AT2 NIC.
- Fixed an issue where a TS-469L would fail to transfer files over 10GB via SMB.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!