What's new

Can I enable USB3 on DSL-AC68U?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

xantier

Occasional Visitor
I have forcedly installed merlinwrt on DSL edition of AC68U (don't judge me for bad purchase choices), of course I lost DSL functionality but that's ok because I have another modem, and I routed my DSL connection through WAN. Everything works perfectly, except USB port. As you know, RT model has 2 USB ports whereas DSL model has 1 USB3 port. Basically xhci hub is not even initialized, so there is no activity in the logs when I plug a USB device, nothing at all. But I assume this is an easy fix that just requires me to map/init the USB ports according to DSL version, comparing with the original source. Merlin, do you know where I should look at? I know you don't support DSL models. I just need guidance, that's it. Everything else works, it's just the initialization of USB hub. Thanks for the help.

Asuswrt-Merlin officially supports the following router models:
RT-AC66U_B1 (same firmware as the RT-AC68U)
RT-AC56U
RT-AC68U (including revisions C1 and E1)
RT-AC68P (same firmware as RT-AC68U)
RT-AC68UF (same firmware as RT-AC68U)
RT-AC87
RT-AC3200
RT-AC88U
RT-AC3100
RT-AC5300
RT-AC1900 (same firmware as RT-AC68U)
RT-AC1900P (same firmware as RT-AC68U)
RT-AC86U (starting with version 382.1)

Anything else will not get any support.

Last edited:
I modified asuswrt-merlin firmware such that it fully works with DSL-AC68U now (of course as a router only), USB port also works. Next I will focus on enabling DSL.

3e3a7fb8920.png

I have forcedly installed merlinwrt on DSL edition of AC68U

Not a supported platform for RMerlin-AsusWRT.

That being said - if it wasn't supported by Factory firmware, it's likely not by AsusWRT-RMerlin...