What's new

Can not ssh to ASUS RT-AC68U anymore...

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

chinese_ys

Regular Contributor
I ran into this issue early today and figure to upgrade the firmware to 384.8_2 since it is available (hoping that fixes the issue)...But I still can not ssh to the router. Here below is screenshot of the SSH related setting. I did reboot via UI multiple times... Any advise?

Attachments

• Annotation 2018-12-12 174438.jpg
    Annotation 2018-12-12 174438.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 688
I ran into this issue early today and figure to upgrade the firmware to 384.8_2 since it is available (hoping that fixes the issue)...But I still can not ssh to the router. Here below is screenshot of the SSH related setting. I did reboot via UI multiple times... Any advise?
Turn off brute protection and try again.

Apologize that I should mention I did try to disable SSH and reenable it; disable the brute force protection and reenable it...Made not difference for me...
And you login with routers password and username?

What do you see in the router's System Log > General Log?

Are you using PuTTY? What error does it give you?

No logs related to SSH...but I think I found the issue...it’s the win10 I was using...just tried on Mac and works...

Get Xshell 6.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!