What's new

can zywall 110 do vpn between 2 dynamic IP networks?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

davecazz

New Around Here
Hello,

I have one zywall 110 and I am considering getting a second one. Before I buy it I would like to know if it will handle my situation.

I have two locations that each have a cable based internet provider (dynamic IPs). I wish to have a vpn connection between the two networks so my location 2 looks like its an extension of location 1.

also, in location 1, I have two WAN providers. one is a business connection WAN1, and the other is my consumer cable tv internet connection WAN2. There are certain services that are only available on the consumer cable lan (can stream recorded shows from my cable box ).

Ideally I would like to be able to stream recorded shows from location 2. (vpn connection to that lan). In addition I would like location 1 to leverage both WAN connections while connected to the internet.

Can the 110 do any of this?

Thanks
Dave

Yes it can do it. The Zyxel Zywalls and USG devices effectively are running a version of BSD. I should warn you that although layer 3 routing can be done by this device that it doesn't have the CPU to support doing it at line speed. You'll probably end up somewhere around 300-500Mbps when using it as a L3 router. You can also use (2) wans and either strict bond them to an IP or loosely bond them to an IP (client).

Yes it can do it. The Zyxel Zywalls and USG devices effectively are running a version of BSD. I should warn you that although layer 3 routing can be done by this device that it doesn't have the CPU to support doing it at line speed. You'll probably end up somewhere around 300-500Mbps when using it as a L3 router. You can also use (2) wans and either strict bond them to an IP or loosely bond them to an IP (client).

when you say layer 3 routing, is vpn technically a layer 3 feature? 300-500Mps would stink considering the speed of the connections.

"The ZyWALL 110 offers SPI firewall throughputs of up to 1,000 Mbps, IPsec VPN throughputs of up to 300 Mbps, 60,000 concurrent NAT sessions, and 25 SSL VPN tunnels."