What's new

Cannot access samba

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

kccl

New Around Here
Hi,
I have an Asus RT-AC68U and Philips Blu-Ray player. My router was connected a USB drive.
When my router flash to offical firmware, the Blu-Ray player is working fine and it can access the USB drive.
If the router flash to melin firmware(380.60 bate1 - 380.61), the Blu-Ray player cannot access the USB drive and a message showed on the screen "authentication failure". I'm sure that username and password are correct and I can access the USB drive via windows. If the router flash back to offical firmware, the Blu-Ray player can access the USB drive again.
How can I solve this?

Last edited:
Goto USB Application > Media Servers or Services

Make sure the following are enabled:

1. Enable UPnP Media Server
  2. Media Server Path Setting (Add Folders Manually)
  3. Goto Network Samba Share
  4. Make sure the share is enabled.
  5. Enable 'Allow guest login'
Option 5 allows it so you do not need to enter a username or password, people will say this is less secure, but as long as your router password is secure etc you'll be fine, I had this trouble before with my Linux/Windows machines wouldn't accept the username or password. Post back with your results.

I had tried to do 1-5, but the Blu-Ray player also couldn't access the USB drive. :(