What's new

Cannot block device guest network

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bmn1

When I try to block a device on my guest network I get an ip address error message and cannot block it. How can I fix this to disable unwanted devices? Also, I tried using parental controls but that did not work.

Wireless MAC Filter - Reject. You can select device by name and clients on the Guest 1 do show up. They will not be able to connect to any SSID the router broadcasts.

Thank you very much for the reply! I went into Wireless - Wireless Mac Filtering and turned it on. I selected the item from the drop down menu and applied the settings and then rebooted the router. The device still has full access to the internet. I double checked the mac address and noticed that it was different. I could not find the correct mac address in the list so I manually added it, applied and rebooted but it still has internet... I also verified that it was set to reject and not accept.

Update: I found the mac filtering you were referring to and it worked!! Thank you very much!

Last edited: