What's new

Cannot log into my Asus Router or Repeater

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MonkeyK

Occasional Visitor
At my home network, I have a Asus RT-N66U as the main router and a RT-N10P being used as a Bridge (repeater mode). I cannot access the admin page of either of them

After some wifi trouble, I restarted both routers. A couple of my machines did not connect back up, so I tried logging into the router to look around. I was surprised to find that my admin password did not work. In case the router was somehow magically reset, I tried the default password ('Admin'); that failed too.

Didn't want to mess up the other devices internet connection, so I stopped there and tried accessing the RT-N10P. Same problem. On this one I did a hard reset, opened the admin interface (oddly did not require a password) went to manual configuration,
set a new password,
set repeater mode but it couldn't find the network. Found two neighbors networks but none of my three. I tried setting my SSID and wpa2 key manually, but no connection.
Additionally, after the failed connection, I was prompted for a password and neither the one that I set, nor a guessed password of "Admin" worked.

Does anyone here have any additional suggestions of things that I might try?

I should add that I home computers and mobile devices can connect to the SSIDs defined on the RT-N66U. Just cannot access the admin page and the RT-N10P cannot connect to the SSIDs.

And I'm freaking out that my router may have been compromised.

Just found that I was only having problems logging in from the Edge Browser. For some reason it worked from Firefox. I guess that I can get into both admin interfaces. Sorry for the false alarm.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!