What's new

Cannot set priority in 'Adaptive QoS - WAN/LAN Bandwidth Monitor'

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

TXCiclista

New Around Here
RT-AC3200 running 3.0.0.4.378_7838

I've tried over and over to drag the priority boxes ("Highest," "High," etc) in the Bandwidth monitor to each of my various devices, but each time I click "Apply," nothing happens (I've even tried a reboot, disabling then enabling QoS, etc). According to the online help, the devices should have a colored border and clicking on one of the priority boxes should show me a list of the devices given that priority. Nope. Nothing for me. Google hasn't turned up anything about this feature not working, so I'm not sure what to do. Is anyone else having this problem (or, conversely, no problem with it at all)?

Thanks in advance.

RT-AC3200 running 3.0.0.4.378_7838

I've tried over and over to drag the priority boxes ("Highest," "High," etc) in the Bandwidth monitor to each of my various devices, but each time I click "Apply," nothing happens (I've even tried a reboot, disabling then enabling QoS, etc). According to the online help, the devices should have a colored border and clicking on one of the priority boxes should show me a list of the devices given that priority. Nope. Nothing for me. Google hasn't turned up anything about this feature not working, so I'm not sure what to do. Is anyone else having this problem (or, conversely, no problem with it at all)?

Thanks in advance.
Fixed in the latest version, you must update your firmware.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

It says my current firmware is the latest: "The router's current firmware is the latest version."

EDIT: Found it on the ASUS website. Why the router didn't report is beyond me. Devices now show their categorization. Thanks!

Last edited:
I think ASUS tends to go the more conservative route in updating firmware, since I've only ever seen the router detect that an upgrade was available once. Maybe they wait a few weeks after new firmware is released to make sure they haven't screwed up something. I had a Linksys that "auto-bricked" itself with an update. Good to hear that this priority thing is fixed: I had a rough time getting my VZW network extender working well without being able to bump up its priority.