Cannot use printer on LG NAS

Discussion in 'General NAS Discussion' started by mito, Nov 21, 2012.

1. mito

mito New Around Here

NAS: LG NAS 2TB N1A1 (firmware 10119)
    Printer: Canon MG2220
    Laptop: MacBook Air with Mac OS Lion version 10.7.5
    Printer Drivers: Downloaded from Canon website and installed the MG2220 printer driver on my Mac.
    --
    I connected the printer to NAS via A/B USB cable. I enabled network printer from the web menu of NAS. NAS web menu confirms and displays the printer. I then added the printer using my laptop by going thru the system preferences > printers > add using the "+" sign > select windows > select workgroup > select lg nas > select the Canon MG2220 from the menu. Everything seems to be fine as I can find and add the printer on my laptop, however whenever I send a print job to the printer, the printer icon appears in the Dock area at the bottom of my desktop and then it displays an exclamation mark. When I click on the icon, it displays a screen where it says 306 communication error, and complains that it cannot communicate with the printer.

If I unplug the printer from the NAS and connect the printer directly to my MacBook Air, then it prints everything just fine. So I can certainly tell there is nothing wrong with the printer driver I installed from the Canon website.

I don't know how I can make it work to print using the USB port on NAS.

Can anyone please help?

2. Log in / Register to remove this ad

3. mito

mito New Around Here

Additional info

Oh by the way, I did verify that the USB port on NAS is working fine. I tested it by connecting a thumb/flash drive to the NAS USB and I can access the files in the thumb drive in the network. Also printer can be found thru workgroup>lg-nas>canon_mg2220 path under printer setup in macbook air.

I don't know why I cannot successfully print when the printer is connected to LG-NAS via usb.

I look forward to your responses. Thanks!