What's new

Can't connect from back in time to SSH server

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

zerophase

Occasional Visitor
I'm trying to send my ssh key to the HDD I have connected to an ac66u router. I've had no problem logging in and running commands over SSH through putty. Once I try to send the key over with ssh-copy-id -i ~/.ssh/id_dsa.pub <server>@<host> I've been failing to resolve the host name.

Have any idea on how to get into the partition I'm using to back up to? I keep trying different combination of /dev/sda4, /tmp/mnt/sda4, and such and each one gets rejected.

**Update: OK, I managed to get the public key sent over. Ended up getting a few error messages from Back In Time. Installed all of the packages it needs on the router, but I'm running into problems with this error message:

find PATH -type f -exec chmod u-wx {} \;':
find: unrecognized: -type
BusyBox v1.20.2 (2015-06-10 22:21:23 EDT) multi-call binary.

The manual mentions I need to change the default shell from /bin/sh to /opt/bin/bash in /etc/passwd. I also need to add /opt/bin:/opt/sbin: to the start of the PATH environment variable in /etc/profiles.

manual mentions I could need to reinstall the ssh server if I setup the links wrong. Is there a safe way to do this to entware?

**Update 2: Ok, I've tried changing the paths and break the entware install each time. I've had to reformat the JFFS partition a few times trying to route my backup through the router. Does anyone know the correct way to modify those paths to keep entware operational?

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!