What's new

Can't find Turbo QAM setting

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Rey

New Around Here
Hi everyone,

sorry if this is a dumb question, I did some searching and couldn't find an answer. I have seen in rickygao blog on how to optimize the router an option to enable Turbo QAM but it seems to be mission on my router. I am running RT-AC66U router on Merlin 380.59 firmware. Has the option to enable it been removed from this firmware version or am I doing something wrong? Thanks in advance.

Indeed, the RT-AC66U doesn't have support for that feature. If you really want/need it, you'll have to upgrade to at least the AC68U

You mean upgrade at least to a RT-N18U, RT-AC56S or RT-AC56U, those are less expensive devices supporting Turbo QAM.

You mean upgrade at least to a RT-N18U, RT-AC56S or RT-AC56U, those are less expensive devices supporting Turbo QAM.

Thanks, didn't know these support TurboQAM

No problem, yw.

I did not see any mention of TurboQAM in my AC56U running Merlin 380.58.

TurboQAM in 2.4GHz doesn't offer much, and can cause interoperability issues with legacy clients... I usually recommend it to be disabled if the AP supports it...

Thanks for the help everyone. I was going crazy trying to find the setting but now it makes perfect sense.