What's new

Can't Get DMZ Or Port Forwarding To Work ON ASUS DSL-AC68U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Phil Muir

New Around Here
Hi all. Tried setting up a DMZ on the ASUS DSL-AC68U. However, it isn't working here. If I disconnect the ASUS DSL-AC68U and use the Sky UK fibre router with it's DMZ connected to my ASUS RC87U then everything works as expected. I simply want to use the DMZ on the ASUS DSL-AC68U and pass all internet traffic through to the RC87U. Have tried doing this with the firewall on and off on the ASUS DSL-AC68U and this makes no difference. My reason for wanting to use the
ASUS DSL-AC68U is that I can change the SNR for VDSL 2 and obtain a higher speed on the line.
Shall post the logs below:

ASUS DSL-AC68U
System Log - Port Forwarding
Virtual Servers
Source Proto Port range Redirect to Local Port Chain
ALL ALL 192.168.0.2

ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC87U
Virtual Servers
ALL TCP 22124 192.168.1.3 22124 VSERVER
ALL UDP 22124 192.168.1.3 22124 VSERVER
Virtual Servers
ALL ALL 192.168.0.2
Thanks for any help.

Warm regards, Phil Muir

Just to add, tried this on latest stock firmware for ASUS DSL-AC68U and with Merlin firmware. Have discussed this with a friend who reported that he had issues with port forwarding and DMZ on the ASUS DSL-AC68U. I also tried port forwards on the ASUS DSL-AC68U however, that didn't work either. If anyone knows of any other ASUS routers with modems where this actually works then please let me know. This is a brand new router and if I can't get it going then shall send it back. Thanks for any thoughts.

Warm regards, Phil Muir

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!