Cant Initialise (enclosure mode) LG Nas N2B1

Discussion in 'General NAS Discussion' started by AlexHaden, Nov 23, 2012.

1. AlexHaden

AlexHaden New Around Here

Hi All,

I have a LG NAS (N2B1), that has been sitting on my shelf since i upgraded to the HP MicroSever.

I have dusted it off to give to my Dad but for the life of me, i cannot get the thing to enter Enclosure Mode (to initialise the 1TB drive i have put in for him)

I have tried the usual Hold left/right and press power and it should enter Enclosure mode (it doesnt, it just says Nas is Netboot......)

I have tried the Power button while holding the S button down. It just sits at NAS booting till i take my finger off the button and i then get Nas Boot Fail!

Just cant figure it out! Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

2. Log in / Register to remove this ad

3. Einzigartig2

Einzigartig2 New Around Here

Exactly the same problem

I suffer the same problem.

Looking forward to any solutions!

4. Einzigartig2

5. chrispem

chrispem New Around Here

Hi, I know its been about 9 months since you posted this but I am now having the same problem.

Normal boot: No IP Address

Two Buttons Help Boot: I get the message "Nas is Netboot..."

Did you get any further with this? I tried to contact LG who told me that as it was out of Warranty they couldn't help. Useless!

I just want to know if I can flash the firmware.

6. Einzigartig2

Yes, i managed to install the NAS.

After all this months, I can not explain it in detai, right now, but the link above helped a lot.

Gesendet von meinem GT-N8000 mit Tapatalk 2

7. lulufrance

lulufrance New Around Here

enclusure mode problems with nas LG N2R1 & others

Dear all, if you have some problems with your LG nas to have on the sreen the enclosure mode, it's not a real problem. When "Nas is Netboot" is on the screen launch the nas detector tool (find it on lg firmware download page > User Interface update it's inside the zip file*) but !! don't forget to turn off the window Firewall !! Change IP with the tool and update the UI to restore on default settings your nas, or for format a new hard drive if it blocks the normal boot. If you don't want to loose your data > do the updte/default settings without hard drive on the nas . For information since the last update with the new UI i have no more enclosure_mode on screen...Hope it will help. Sorry for mistakes i'm french ^_^

*NC1_NewUI_update_tool(10094)_eng.zip

Link http://www.lg.com/fr/support-produit/lg-N2R1DD2 (go to mise a jour logiciel)

8. Donpedro

Donpedro New Around Here

Deactivating Windows firewall...oh my!!! You would think that LG would mention such an issue somewhere...like in the link supplied Einzigartig2! But that link is now no longer active...! :(

Anyway, Thank you lulufrance. I was getting nowhere... .-)

9. stevech

stevech Part of the Furniture

LG sold this product line to someone who stirred it into the corporate soup.