What's new

Can't see NAS in File Explorer - Windows 10

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Not very comfortable advising any changes to the registry - as it can cause more problems than it solves (including corrupting the whole thing) - I would still advise to set up a new local user account, and ensure that all devices are part of the same WORKGROUP - if they are in different workgroups, Windows 10 Home won't see devices that are not in the same workgroup as the client is.

I'm assuming that both laptops (one that works, and the one that doesn't) are Windows 10 Home - and have you set the workgroup setting in the NAS box?

Not sure if there is much more than we can advise on here, other that what L&LD suggests, while drastic, a nuke/pave approach might be needed...

I'm sorry I hijacked your forum for something unrelated. I will try the suggestions above and if I still need help try to find a more suitable forum.

Thank you all so much for your help.

And, again, I apologize for intruding when it isn't quite the right subject.

I'm sorry I hijacked your forum for something unrelated. I will try the suggestions above and if I still need help try to find a more suitable forum.

No need to apologize, just giving you a heads up of what to expect. ;)

No, no, no - it's perfectly ok, just there's a limit perhaps - I'm not a windows internals expert, lol... networking, that I can help, but getting into the registry, I'm not comfortable with that one - need someone with ninja windows skills there :D

Thank you all for your help. I learned a lot about EventViewer, registry editing, low level process, Windows 10 services, etc, HOWEVER, nothing fixed it until I did a reinstall of Windows 10. Came right up after that with no issues. Fortunately, Microsoft has made it a bit easier to do. All is well now. Thank you.