What's new

Casual Check - Primary Wireless AP Vendor

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

What is the Vendor of your Primary Router/WiFi Access Point

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sfx2000

Part of the Furniture
Just running a quick check - not what you recommend, but what you actually use day to day...

This isn't a fan-boi poll, it's an honest question.. comments appreciated perhaps, but keep the fan-boi enthusiasm to a minimum. Not asking for justification, they're all good products, and they're all good vendors for various reasons.

I would buy any of them.

I am very interested in TP-Link. They seem to be the value leader and they usually have good Linux support.

My Network hardware: Cisco Meraki Z1 router, 2 x Aruba RAP 109 APs, 1 Cisco Meraki MR12 AP. D-Link DGS-1210-10P PoE managed switch.

My Network hardware: Cisco Meraki Z1 router, 2 x Aruba RAP 109 APs, 1 Cisco Meraki MR12 AP. D-Link DGS-1210-10P PoE managed switch.
I forget, can you run the Z1 without an MX router in the organization?

Just running a quick check - not what you recommend, but what you actually use day to day...

This isn't a fan-boi poll, it's an honest question.. comments appreciated perhaps, but keep the fan-boi enthusiasm to a minimum. Not asking for justification, they're all good products, and they're all good vendors for various reasons.
Day to day . . . Ubiquiti Unifi series
After that its Meraki
And then a distant 3rd, Asus.

The Z1 is a router.
Right I use them for clients, but only when an MX is already in the network. Auto VPN and all that. I never tested if I could use one without an MX in the organization. For some reason I thought there was a license issue.

I use mine without an MX. You don't need to VPN into an MX to use it. Mine works fine as a standalone router.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!