What's new

Changed from ASUS RT-AC68U (Merlin) to Netgear X4S (Voxel) and having Port Forward Issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Prodeje79

Regular Contributor
I just got the X4s R7800 , and immediately loaded the latest Voxel firmware. I am fairly sure I mirrored all the settings exactly, including my port forward rules. The only other thing I really do is start my DHCP pool at 101 to reserve everything below for my static IPs.

I am running a Synology DiskStation DS916+ with Docker and the Abiosoft Caddy server image. I am only using it as a reverse proxy. I like how simple it is and benchmarks show it as less resource intensive as well as higher performance that nginx.

I had a issue with port 80 and 443 with my initial ASUS setup, I forget the specifics, but i believe it is was because the Synology redirects 80 to 5000 for its web console. Also perhaps the router itself uses that port for the web console. The solution was to basically do this with 80 and 443:
Router -> forwarded -> Synology -> port mapped -> abiosoft/caddy docker container
80 8080 8080:80
443 8443 8443:443
(external) (internal)

(Sorry, I am not sure how to show this in a readable table or something. Let me know how and I will edit it.)

The NAS has a static IP.

Hope this makes since, but it is probably less important.

Looking through the netgear settings, I saw some potential settings such its web console and READYshare using these ports. In my troubleshooting, I attempted to change the ports and/or disable. I don't plan to use most features like readyshare. Note the readyshare advanced page to see where I saw the ports noted there. I am pretty sure i disabled all those, including media share.

Any ideas or troubleshooting I should make sure I did?
Maybe the netgear just wont allow forwarding of 80 or 443 no matter what?

Any ideas or troubleshooting I should make sure I did?
Maybe the netgear just wont allow forwarding of 80 or 443 no matter what?

I use both 80 and 443 to forward these ports to my PC Linux servers with Web Server. And I can reach my Web externally of course (http and https, 80/443). There was something specific with NAS connected to R7800. I have to search previous threads. If I am not mistaken it was related to upnpd used on NAS. I have to search, but sorry, I do not promise to do that today.

Voxel.

I have to search previous threads. If I am not mistaken it was related to upnpd used on NAS. I have to search, but sorry, I do not promise to do that today.
Well, sorry I cannot find the case...

From the other hand it is something specific. But I cannot understand what. I use something like that but different port. E.g. to connect my notebook via RDP (two routers, double nat) and it works.

Maybe check for test other port.

The NAS has a static IP.

One more difference: I use address reservation in router. Maybe try to use it too. MAC of your NAS and IP set to it,

Voxel.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!