What's new

Cisco Catalyst Swith SFP and Ethernet Port

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

network

New Around Here
Hi, I have plan connect my Access Switch to Core Switch by Fiber connectvity. my server Switch is Gigaport and have 4 SFP( WS-C2960S-24TS-L) and Internet Router 2911-Sec/K9.
So core Switch connect 1. Access Switch 2. Server Switch 3. Router.
Now Core Switch need 10 SFP which can increase in Future. Core switch will be redundancy with Another.
WS-C3750X-24T-S it is perfect for my requirement ?. if I take C3KX-NM-1G card then by the card i can connect router ?
What is best solution ??? any other Switch ???
Regards

Hi, I have plan connect my Access Switch to Core Switch by Fiber connectvity. my server Switch is Gigaport and have 4 SFP( WS-C2960S-24TS-L) and Internet Router 2911-Sec/K9.
So core Switch connect 1. Access Switch 2. Server Switch 3. Router.
Now Core Switch need 10 SFP which can increase in Future. Core switch will be redundancy with Another.
WS-C3750X-24T-S it is perfect for my requirement ?. if I take C3KX-NM-1G card then by the card i can connect router ?
What is best solution ??? any other Switch ???
Regards
Since the 2911 does not have an SFP port, the cheapest method is to purchase a GLC-TX for the 3750X and connect the WS-C3750X-24T-S to the 2911 using copper Ethernet cable.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a mikrotik CRS switch with mainly SFPs and one SFP+ i think. They are fully managed L3 switches that are much cheaper compared to cisco.