What's new

Cisco EA3500

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mcginn

New Around Here
Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew how to speed up the download speed of the cisco ea3500. The reason is i have it set up right now and it maxes out its download at 9.6Mbs. So i was wondering if this is a normal speed or if there was a way to improve that.

Hi, I was wondering if anyone knew how to speed up the download speed of the cisco ea3500. The reason is i have it set up right now and it maxes out its download at 9.6Mbs. So i was wondering if this is a normal speed or if there was a way to improve that.
9.6 Megabytes/sec (Mbps) ? (Mbps is Megabits/sec). 8 bits per byte.

By download speed... do you mean speed downloading from the Internet? If so, that's governed by you ISP's speed offering, assuming your WiFi is not slowing things.

1. Check and make sure your ISP has you on the right subnet.
2. Know what your paying for on download and upload speeds.
3. Make sure your modem firmware is up-to-date.
4. Make sure your router firmware is up-to-date.
5. Make sure all DSL filters have been check for wear and tear. Replace it worn?
6. Make sure coax cables used on Cable modem are not the old RG59?
7. Replace RG59 with either RG6 Dual Shield or Quad Shield Coax Cable
8. Make sure all compressed ends are tighten on the coax cable.
9. Make sure all coax cable connectors are tighten too.

It's a lot to get into but if you do it right then you should be getting what you have paid for. Also if your ISP offers D3 modem and your on D1 or D2 time to upgrade it. Newer ones are much faster for download and uploads. But again this depends on what your paying for from the ISP for downloads and uploads.