What's new

Cisco RV0xx series router (Hardware Version 3)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

OxOOCOFFEE

New Around Here
I was wondering if any one know or is working on RV042, RV082 and RV016 hardware version 3 update (Jan 2011). From what I heard it has new (comparing to version 2) Cisco UI. But I can't find any information about hardware changes not software changes (How configurable it is in reference to older models). How does it perform?

We just got a shipment of a bunch of RV042s in for a project, will be taking them out of the box next week...will get a chance to see what changed.

I figured this new version 3 may have jumped up in specs...ROM anyways, as the firmware for them now is HUGE, at least 10 times large file size than the prior versions which were usually just a meg or 3.

Cisco sent all three new versions 042,082 and 016 in. So they'll be going on the Charts soon.

Confirming that they have the new, bloated, slow web management...similar to the wrvs series. Unlike the older versions of firmware, this new one does not show CPU and memory specs (that I can find yet)

Seems to have the same features as before, they're just aligned along the newer web admin on the left menu, instead of having the tabs across the top.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!