What's new

Cisco RV340 Router new firmware Upgrade

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

coxhaus

Part of the Furniture
There is a new firmware version out. It seems to be a lot different. I have upgraded in the middle of a Hulu streaming. Restarting works fine. They recommend starting from factory reset. I will have to do that a little later when I have more time. It is working after the upgrade without any changes.

Some of the feature are to bring the router under the Cisco Umbrella. I am not sure what that means exactly. The GUI interface is different.

My knowledge is very limited on networking issues and hopefully someone more knowledgeable will offer there opinion on this, but seems like a very bad idea to upgrade firmware while streaming or downloading anything.

My wife and I were streaming a Hulu movie. She had to leave and go to a meeting. When she returned an hour or 2 later I had upgraded the firmware while she was gone. We settled back down and finished the movie. So not exactly the way it sounded.

I did this once with pfsense where after the upgrade I had problems with Hulu commercials running and causing problems. I posted on pfsense's site. It was fixed in a later release.

I agree everybody needs to figure out their best time to upgrade. My point is Cisco recommends doing a factory reset and reconfigure from scratch. I did not and it still runs for me.

There is a new firmware version out. It seems to be a lot different. I have upgraded in the middle of a Hulu streaming. Restarting works fine. They recommend starting from factory reset. I will have to do that a little later when I have more time. It is working after the upgrade without any changes.

Some of the feature are to bring the router under the Cisco Umbrella. I am not sure what that means exactly. The GUI interface is different.

When you get a chance to schedule a maint window, it would probably be good to follow thru with the reset and reconfigure...

It's on my list when I have time. I do like the new GUI better. I think it is a little faster.