What's new

Cisco SG-300 new switch config

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Johno

Regular Contributor
I'm expecting delivery of a Cisco SG-300 2o port gigabit managed switch soon but before delving into all the options, I was going to just use it as a fairly simple switch with everything working on the default VLAN and connected to my ASUS router for internet access, with my NAS, media players, PCs and TVs etc all connected to the switch. I'm planning to switch the operating mode of the SG-300 to layer 3 (it defaults to layer 2 out-of-the-box) but if I do that, then can I just plug in all my devices and get on with it, or will the switch require some further config?

I've already allocated 192.168.1.254 in the router config as a static IP address for the switch, which the manual says is the default IP address for the Cisco.

When I get more time I'll be configuring the switch to use VLANs to separate the streaming traffic from all other traffic.

Thanks in advance :)

did you search this forum ? there are several threads on how to set up this switch for several scenarios.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!