What's new

cleint and mac address allow list

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tsunami2311

I know i asked this but
Code:
nvram unset custom_clientlist
nvram commit
reboot

will this delete the client and mac address allow list? what if i wanted to just delete certain clients with out clearing it all?

cause the delete offline client option dont work in .59 i am hoping it will in next release.

Last edited:
ok well this does not REMOVE the old offline clients at all, it just removes the custom names used..

Asus recently moved part of the networkmap database to the JFFS partition. I don't remember the name (can't check at the moment), see what you have under /jffs/ . (it's not traffic.db, that one is the Traffic Analyzer database).

how exactly would I do that threw putty? is 380.6x and beyond gona fix it so the x next to offline client that is supposed to delete them gona work in them?

I dont exactly want to be factory reset to get rid of old clients, cause the that random bug in client list that cause it not to populate, which tied to the bug in that cause clients to not be editable for random reasons, cause when such client connects that cant be edit it cause the client list to not populate untill the client is no longer connected for me it is always the ps3 connecting that randomly cause the bug, hopeful but bugg are fixed it newer fw

Last edited:
Code:
rm /jffs/nmp_client_list && reboot

Thanks should i do
Code:
nvram commit

to clear it all or do not need both?

Thanks should i do
Code:
nvram commit

to clear it all or do not need both?

Removing the old nvram setting is probably a good idea if it still exists. At worst, it will recover some wasted nvram space. I'm just not sure, because Asus keeps changing that code, so I lost track of it and its various nvram settings months ago.

how exactly would I do that threw putty?

Enable SSH in the router then use WinSCP to browse all the files and directories in the router.
Set file protocol in WinSCP to SCP.

winscp.JPG