What's new

Client List Refreshing

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

thegamer36

New Around Here
Hi all. Question about Asus routers. I have 3 different Asus routers:
Rt-ac66u
Rt-ac3100
Rt-ac86u

All of them have the same issue. When I look at the client list it's constantly refreshing/dropping connections. When I check the connections on startup, I see 16 clients. If I select show clients button. A pop-up of the clients shows up and then clears with nothing in it and after the refresh I may see a few of the clients, but not all. Is this how it is suppose to work? When I try to add a printer to Windows 10, it cannot find the printer but I can http to the printer web page.
I have a different brand router that does not show this symptom and I always see the clients connected.

Thanks for the help.

I read something on reddit/r/android yesterday saying that Google devices are basically blasting the network with constant traffic due to a bug and it's causing router issues.

Meltdown, Specter, Chromecast... This has been a hellish start of the year.

Hi
I have the exact same issue, constantly refreshing client list and had it for a while now, I have different brand routers too and it don't happen on them, did you do anything other than remove Chromecast as I don't have one but have many Android devices.
Thanks

Hi
I have the exact same issue, constantly refreshing client list and had it for a while now, I have different brand routers too and it don't happen on them, did you do anything other than remove Chromecast as I don't have one but have many Android devices.
Thanks

Sorry to get back to you so late. I am still having the issue. So removing the Chromecast did nothing.

I was hoping it wasn't chromecast as my TV has Android OS and couldn't find where to turn off chromecast......I see Asus official firmware has an update for client list so hopefully will sort it on merlin soon

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!