What's new

Client status blank

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sugar0

Occasional Visitor
Hello to everybody from Italy. It's my first post
I recently picked up an DSL-AC68U and installed merlin. For now the only issued that i encountered is show in the screenshot. I tried searching the forum but i havent found nothing recently. I must say that it worked good in asuswrt fw. Any ideas?

defh4SA.png

Which firmware did you install? Merlin doesn't make firmware for DSL- routers. However there is a version by @GNUton here.
Latest 384.11_2 . Of course i'm aware of both gnuton "fork" and that it's not specific for the DSL but many people have installed without issues. Since it works great i think i'll keep it.so i'm the only one with this issue?

Have you cleared your browser cache? If not, that’s worth a try.

If you use a none supported firmware on a DSL-router, What do expect? Its not tested against DSL
Use Gnuton's supported DSL.

Latest 384.11_2 . Of course i'm aware of both gnuton "fork" and that it's not specific for the DSL but many people have installed without issues. Since it works great i think i'll keep it.so i'm the only one with this issue?

Seems like you are, I can't recall another post similar to your situation. :)

Like @ColinTaylor above, I too would recommend the GNUton's RMerlin fork. It was created after all for a reason. :)

If you insist on keeping the firmware you currently have installed, I would recommend a full M&M Config reset to get your router to a good/known state as possible.

Please see the link in my signature below for more information.

Seems like you are, I can't recall another post similar to your situation. :)

Like @ColinTaylor above, I too would recommend the GNUton's RMerlin fork. It was created after all for a reason. :)

If you insist on keeping the firmware you currently have installed, I would recommend a full M&M Config reset to get your router to a good/known state as possible.

Please see the link in my signature below for more information.

I think i'll go for gnuton fork then! Is the development the same as merlin or is a real "fork" with it's own updates? It's the only thing that prevents me from using it (cause of my ignorance of course)

I think i'll go for gnuton fork then! Is the development the same as merlin or is a real "fork" with it's own updates? It's the only thing that prevents me from using it (cause of my ignorance of course)

I'll let you decide for yourself if it's 'real' or not. :)

https://www.snbforums.com/threads/dsl-ac68u-asuswrt-merlin-builds-for-dsl-routers.55985/

6. I do not wanna you to think this is a Merlin FORK or something which is going to diverge from Asus Merlin.
7. I do care about SECURITY, so I would take any action which increases it.

After flashing, the same M&M Config reset is recommended and if you have a spare USB drive to use on the router, the amtm Step-by-Step guide will make sure you get the most of your router too. :)

Please follow the link in my signature below to both the M&M Config and the amtm Step-by-Step guides. :)

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!