What's new

Conceiva Mezzmo DLNA Media Server Reviewed

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

U

Unregistered

I enjoyed your article on this DLNA server but thought you should be aware of an awesome little bit of free SW called PS3 Media Server (PS3MS). Despite the name, the PS3MS has been extended over the years to work with many DLNA devices i.e Xbox, Sony and Samsung TVs.

It is very similar to Mezzmo but free, with very robust transcoding features. On-the-fly transcoding also requires significantly less horsepower. I can transcode HD content on-the-fly with a 2Gig Core 2 Duo.

PS3MS is also Java based so it will run on anything with active Windows, Linux and OSX builds. I think I've even heard tell of a PS3MS QNAP plugin / app. I would think a beefier Atom box could transcode decently.

Anyway, I'm writing this while being harassed by my 3 year old so I'll stop here. You should give it a shot and compare it Mezzmo... its blown away anything else I've tried. You can Download it at http://www.ps3mediaserver.org. Enjoy.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!