What's new

Configuration for ASUS RT-AC88U Wireless

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Have a look at the link in my signature and then the M&M Config link.

In short; disable anything you don't use (including security holes from legacy settings such as WPS) and only enable what you do need and use for your network, including new SSID's, specific (not 'Auto') channel and bandwidth selection) and making sure to power down your entire network (and your ISP's equipment) for at least 20 minutes, 60 minutes preferred) before powering everything up in the order suggested.

After doing that and have been satisfied that the network is fast and stable for a few days, you may also want to visit the amtm Step-by-Step link also included in my signature below.

With a spare USB drive, you can give your router many more capabilities including a swap file and many more features too. :)

Have a look at the link in my signature and then the M&M Config link.

In short; disable anything you don't use (including security holes from legacy settings such as WPS) and only enable what you do need and use for your network, including new SSID's, specific (not 'Auto') channel and bandwidth selection) and making sure to power down your entire network (and your ISP's equipment) for at least 20 minutes, 60 minutes preferred) before powering everything up in the order suggested.

After doing that and have been satisfied that the network is fast and stable for a few days, you may also want to visit the amtm Step-by-Step link also included in my signature below.

With a spare USB drive, you can give your router many more capabilities including a swap file and many more features too. :)

I would love to make my wifi faster on this same router. Could I simply just change the channel bandwidth for both 2g and 5g? What bandwidth is preferred for each?

It's all in the links. See my signature below for further information.

It's all in the links. See my signature below for further information.

I ended up on the 2.4ghz with these settings:

The wireless mode: auto
channel bandwidth: 20
control channel: 11
Authentication method: WPA2-Personal

Are these pertaining to 2.4 GHz ideal/correct?

Now I just have to figure the 5ghz setup.

The Control Channel that is 'ideal' for your Wi-Fi environment is something we each must test on our own to know which is the best. This can change over time as your environment changes (including from non-Wi-Fi sources of interference too).

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!