What's new

Configure firewall for RDP - guest network (off intranet)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Greeno

Regular Contributor
How to configure a firewall to connect to the computer via RDP connected by a "guest network" - off intranet. When the function is disabled access to the intranet you can not connect RDP.

If access to the internet is disabled, it's because the sysadmin don't want you to the connect to the intranet... If you're the sysadmin, maybe you should not use the guest network then? Also, how about teamviewer and solutions like that? I use that myself - very easy to use...

I do not know if I wrote with understanding.
The computer to which you need to log in remotely via RDP does not have access to the intranet. It has only access to the Internet.
Especially it connected to a VLAN - "guest network"
However, I need to connect it via the local network by the RDP.
I do not want to use P2P solutions using other servers.

Do the following rules will be valid:

iptables -I FORWARD -i br0 -o wl0.1 -p tcp --dport 3389 -j ACCEPT
iptables -I FORWARD -i wl0.1 -o br0 -p tcp --dport 3389 -j ACCEPT

Unfortunately, after entering and refresh "service restart_firewall" still not working.

You cannot filter traffic within the LAN through iptables, as that traffic isn't routed - it never gets processed by iptables.

How to configure a firewall to connect to the computer via RDP connected by a "guest network" - off intranet. When the function is disabled access to the intranet you can not connect RDP.

If I'm understanding correctly....

1) One has a PC connected on the Guest WLAN running RDP in server mode
2) One wants to enable access to that PC from the WAN
3) It's not working...

So now addition question in return - are you intending to connect to the PC running the RDP server from anywhere on the LAN side?

I understand. Dear Rmerlin, in that case, and if i can solve this problem ?

If I'm understanding correctly....

1) One has a PC connected on the Guest WLAN running RDP in server mode
2) One wants to enable access to that PC from the WAN
3) It's not working...

So now addition question in return - are you intending to connect to the PC running the RDP server from anywhere on the LAN side?

1) yes
2) yes - LAN or WAN (but not necessarily)
3) yes ;/

It can be one computer on the local network or any other subnet. In this case, it probably does not make much difference.