What's new

Confused

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Zaxdad

New Around Here
Hi All.
New to the forum. We recently purchased a new4k tv for the bedroom. Was using an Asus R66u. We are on Charter cable for internet. Our desktop computer gets around 70 mps. My laptop is in the kitchen and would get around 18mps. Decided to try a Linksys ea6900, Got around 2mbs on the laptop. Returned it for a TP-Link
Archer c9. It also gets around 2 mps. Anyone have any ideas? I thought both the new routers would be an upgrade over the Asus.
Thanks for any info.

Howard

Can you give a little more info? Are you using the 2.4ghz or 5ghz band? Is your desktop wired or wireless?

Hi All.
New to the forum. We recently purchased a new4k tv for the bedroom. Was using an Asus R66u. We are on Charter cable for internet. Our desktop computer gets around 70 mps. My laptop is in the kitchen and would get around 18mps. Decided to try a Linksys ea6900, Got around 2mbs on the laptop. Returned it for a TP-Link
Archer c9. It also gets around 2 mps. Anyone have any ideas? I thought both the new routers would be an upgrade over the Asus.
Thanks for any info.

Howard
distances? Walls in path? etc.

30 feet as the crow flies. Router is on second floor. Laptop on first. Using 2.4 band as my laptop doesn't see the 5ghz band. The desktop is wired.

I have probably 35 feet between my wireless devices with multiple walls on the same floor. So you may be approaching the limits.

PS
What client wireless card are you using?

Last edited:
The card in my Dell laptop. I'm going to try switching it out for a intel 7260. I'm more concerned with the new tv though.

I would try to move the TV to a wired connection or a homeplug connection. Save the wireless connections for the mobile devices.

I would try to move the TV to a wired connection or a homeplug connection. Save the wireless connections for the mobile devices.

Concur on general premises...

Also, consider moving the Wireless AP - one of the things I've found working thru issues here on SNB Forums is that the AP location is generally the primary problem.

sfx

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!