What's new

Connect Wet610n to Netgear Mobile Hotspot

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

John Simon

New Around Here
I am trying to connect a linksys WET610n ethernet bridge to a Netgear Fuse. Connecting the devices are easy; search for a the SSID of the Netgear device and put in the password. They connect, but then the WET610n reboots every 2-3 minutes (haven't actually timed it exactly, but the time seems to be consistent and nearly exact same length of time).

The blue wifi signal drops from the WET610n, and then it turns off and back on automatically and repeats the process over again.

I can connect the WET610n my home router and it works just fine and never reboots.

I assume there is a setting in the Netgear Fuse that needs to be adjusted, but I can't figure it out. By default DHCP is enabled with lease time of 10080. I have tried connecting without a security key, same problem. I have also tried a static IP on the WET610n with no success, but I also am not sure if I'm doing it right.

Any ideas?

Could be settings on either product that need to be tweaked. But also could just be an incompatibility that you won't be able to resolve.

Have you tried connecting on both 2.4 and 5 GHz? Put the WiFi settings on the Fuse back to their defaults.

Does the WET610N reboot if it is idle or with traffic flowing or both?

Could be settings on either product that need to be tweaked. But also could just be an incompatibility that you won't be able to resolve.

Have you tried connecting on both 2.4 and 5 GHz? Put the WiFi settings on the Fuse back to their defaults.

Does the WET610N reboot if it is idle or with traffic flowing or both?

The Fuse only has 2.4 GHz capability. When I connect to 2.4 GHz on home router the WET610n works fine.

Default settings do not seem to work either.

I noticed it reboots just as often whether I have something plugged into to WET610n or when a device is plugged in with traffic flowing. Doesn't seem to make a difference. However, if the Fuse is turned off, it does not reboot anymore.

Any other ideas?

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!