What's new

Connected WAN but can not connect internet

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

alvinh

Occasional Visitor
Hello,
i have problem with my asus RT-68U with asus merlin 380.59. my internet connection is fiber optic (indihome) from indonesia with modem alcatel lucent i-240w-a already set to bridge mode by ISP and need to use dial PPPOE

Now i my problem is:
1. if i dial using ethernet (PPPOE) from my macbook, i can get internet connection
2. in my ASUS i already set WAN, and the status of wan is connected and get wan ip address but can't connect to internet.

what i did before this is limit guest network using this tutorial:
https://nwgat.ninja/limit-bandwith-for-ssid-on-asuswrt-merlin/

any help please?

thank you

sorry i mean: the network status: internet connected
but my asus ddns fail: can;t connect internet
and i can't connect internet at all, but the WAN: already get IP address from ISP.

ASUS RT-AC68U

Hello,
i have problem with my asus RT-68U with asus merlin 380.59. my internet connection is fiber optic (indihome) from indonesia with modem alcatel lucent i-240w-a already set to bridge mode by ISP and need to use dial PPPOE

Now i my problem is:
1. if i dial using ethernet (PPPOE) from my macbook, i can get internet connection
2. in my ASUS i already set WAN, and the status of wan is connected and get wan ip address but can't connect to internet.

what i did before this is limit guest network using this tutorial:
https://nwgat.ninja/limit-bandwith-for-ssid-on-asuswrt-merlin/

any help please?

thank you
Reboot your router and get rid of those scripts. Make sure you are properly running before you attempt any scripts you got from the internet.
Go to WAN/Basic config/ WAN connection type put it on PPPOE
put all the info from your ISP
Enable WAN - YES
Enable NAT -YES
do a cold boot by pulling out the power adapter from the AC outlet.
Keep the power button on so you can discharge the caps for a few seconds.
Now boot your router and you should be up and running.

Once you are connected to the internet then start to play around with scripts. This way every change you make you test and see if you are still connected.
Then if your scripts work, you can add them to JFFS so that everytime you reboot the router your scripts will take effect.

Reboot your router and get rid of those scripts. Make sure you are properly running before you attempt any scripts you got from the internet.
Go to WAN/Basic config/ WAN connection type put it on PPPOE
put all the info from your ISP
Enable WAN - YES
Enable NAT -YES
do a cold boot by pulling out the power adapter from the AC outlet.
Keep the power button on so you can discharge the caps for a few seconds.
Now boot your router and you should be up and running.

Once you are connected to the internet then start to play around with scripts. This way every change you make you test and see if you are still connected.
Then if your scripts work, you can add them to JFFS so that everytime you reboot the router your scripts will take effect.

thank you, do i need to reflash the router to delete hose script?
yes i already enable WAN and NAT on WAN setting.

i'll try your solution. thank you

No you don't need to flash the router because whatever you entered is not permanent.
Get your router back up and running and then play :)

You do not need to enable NAT unless you have a 200mb/s modem.
If you don't I strongly advise you to disable everything in the NAT Passtrhrough section.

Looking at that script one more time,
Did you do this step?
to limit to 5mbit permanently
If you did then you will have to go on the router and delete those scripts that where created,
because even if you did a firmware flash the JFFS partition may not always be formatted thus leaving those scripts there which may never resolve your problem you are now having.
If this happens meaning you cannot connect to the internet, let me know and I will give you details on how to remove those scripts.

Looking at that script one more time,
Did you do this step?
to limit to 5mbit permanently
If you did then you will have to go on the router and delete those scripts that where created,
because even if you did a firmware flash the JFFS partition may not always be formatted thus leaving those scripts there which may never resolve your problem you are now having.
If this happens meaning you cannot connect to the internet, let me know and I will give you details on how to remove those scripts.

unfortunately yes, i did permanently, i just reflash using asus stock firmware, now my internet working nicely (hope it remove those script) or i hope you can tell me how to remove those script just to make sure.

now i'm at asus stock, i just still doubt if i will stay until merlin finalized 380.60 or install beta, because i know i can't back to 380.59.

thank you

unfortunately yes, i did permanently, i just reflash using asus stock firmware, now my internet working nicely (hope it remove those script) or i hope you can tell me how to remove those script just to make sure.

now i'm at asus stock, i just still doubt if i will stay until merlin finalized 380.60 or install beta, because i know i can't back to 380.59.

thank you
If you went back to ASUS firmware JFFS partition got formatted and whatever scripts where there are no longer.
but if you want to make sure you have to go to administrator/system enalbe SSH port 22. then download WinSCP and connect to your router
with winSCP using SCP file protocol then enter your routers user name and password. Once you connect look for jffs/scripts directory from the root of the router
then look for wan-start script, if you see one just delete it.
I don't understand why you didn't just re flash .90 and went to the new ASUS firmware.
One should take a step back and think before they go to major moves like you did.
.60 is now in Beta, I read many people with 88U are happy with it, so maybe give it a try :)

thank you so much for your kind help, i did because i read that everyone see no effect enabling those script, and i want to give try because i have guest network that i want to limit the bandwith.

thank you again, and next time i'll try the temporary first. best regards

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!