What's new

Could we get more functionality enabled for repeaters?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Chad K

New Around Here
Older versions of Asus' version allowed us to adjust channels, power and everything else while in repeater mode that you could in AP mode. It appears now that there's only 1 thing we can adjust. However, as a horrible workaround, you can go into AP mode, change to the channels and power you want, then go back into repeater mode and it will save your settings.

If there's any chance we could get nearly every feature / setting enabled on the 2.4/5 ghz wireless management pages and professional settings pages while in repeater mode, that would be excellent and save much trouble when trying t debug issues or make other chages.

AP mode and Repeater mode: I can't find that setting in my firmware. Just to check: did you intend to post here, into the Asuswrt-Merlin forum or the Asus forum?​

at the top of your routers page, click where it says Operation Mode: Wireless Router

and he's right, Ive nopt checked it, but if you cant even select channels in repeater mode, that's a big oversight. Not in a stability before addons sorta way, but in a basic functioning hardware kinda way.

at the top of your routers page, click where it says Operation Mode: Wireless Router

And the first tab in Admininstration, too, I see. Many thanks. And that's in spite of my deliberately not using John's backup and restore facility in order to try and stay familiar with all the different parts of the GUI!

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!