What's new

Create static arp using services-start to survive reboot?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Wam7

Occasional Visitor
I'm trying to find out how to add i.e. arp -s 192.168.1.2 AB:CD:EF:1G:2F:3G to the services-start so that it can survive a reboot.

At the moment I've just entered the above string via kitty but it is not permanently added. Could somebody who knows about these things more than I point me to how to add this to the startup so it survives a reboot?

Cheers.

Thanks but yes have seen that but it doesn't give much in the way of examples how to achieve what I'm attempting to do.

1) Make sure the JFFS partition is enabled.
2) Use an editor to create your script. *
3) Reboot.

That's it.

* services-start doesn't exist by default so you'll have to create it.

What is the syntax for me to create a script? Assume I have no Linux scripting knowledge. Also don't you have to make the script executable?

Try this:
Code:
cat << EOF > /jffs/scripts/services-start
#!/bin/sh
/sbin/arp -s 192.168.1.2 AB:CD:EF:1G:2F:3G
EOF
Code:
chmod 777 /jffs/scripts/services-start
Code:
reboot

I get the " PERM on br0" so that has worked like a charm. Much appreciated. That was the final piece in the jigsaw after getting Ipv6 and VPN working after moving from Shibby Tomato where they are much easier to implement but troublesome wifi.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!