Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Cryptic password reset email from Asus forum

Discussion in 'ASUS Wireless' started by RocketJSquirrel, Nov 7, 2012.

1. RocketJSquirrel

RocketJSquirrel Senior Member

It seems the password I thought worked yesterday doesn't work today on the Asus forum at http://vip.asus.com/forum/ .

I went through the "forgot password" drill and got the cryptic email shown below. I simply cannot understand what it wants me to do. Entering the supplied 5-digit number as the password (or user id, or both) does not work. Can any of you translate this into an action I can take to get my Asus forum account working again?

Last edited: Nov 7, 2012
  2. jdabbs

jdabbs Super Moderator

Most of the blurb is Asus explaining why they cannot simply email you your password (because they store hashes and not passwords).

Only the newest 5-digit code is valid. Initiate another password reset. Use that 5 digit code as your password, and your email address as the username.

3. RocketJSquirrel

Thanks for the suggestion. I've tried this several times, but it doesn't work. It just says "ID or Password incorrect".

4. RocketJSquirrel