What's new

Custom DHCP and Guest Networks

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

okio

New Around Here
I currently have DHCP disabled on the router. I have a separate server running ISC-DHCP so i can serve specific DHCP options to boot and manage IP phones. However with no DHCP server running on the router I am unable to offer IP addresses to Guest networks.

Is there a way I can guest network operate on a separate subnet and define DHCP server options for it?

I haven't tried this, but I'm guessing one option might be to customise dnsmasq.conf on the router to serve the specific options I need for the IP phones, and not worry about having a separate DHCP for guest networks.

If you switch to my firmware, you can provide any desired dhcp-options to dnsmasq.

You can't do so with the stock firmware because dnsmasq.conf is dynamically generated by the router, so your changes are lost. My firmware allows the use of user configs that get automatically appended at the time the dnsmasq.conf file is generated.