What's new

Cyberduck SFTP to Asus/Merlin router

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Ramias

Occasional Visitor
Greetings

Long time WinSCP user except I am moving to Mac.

Trying to get Cyberduck working with SFTP to my router. My understanding is SFTP just requires SSH and "should" work.

Except it doesn't.

I get:
"Interoperability Failure
EOF while reading packet. Please contact your web hosting service provider for assistance."

Any ideas how to get SFTP (ideally with Cyberduck) to work with my Asus router? (And my MiCasaVerde Vera :))... but it works with my Raspberry Pi :)

Trying to get Cyberduck working with SFTP to my router. My understanding is SFTP just requires SSH and "should" work.
No, not true. The router doesn't support SFTP without installing Entware and the appropriate openssl-sftp package. If Cyberduck supports the SCP protocol, that will work with the base firmware.

Thank you. I am not much of a linux guy. I have an entire and entware-old folder on my USB mount point. So I assume I have (or had ) entware installed.

but neither the opkg or ipkg commands work (I found some info on line).

Any pointers on how to install sftp on my merlin router?

Thanks

Code:
opkg install openssh-sftp-server
should be all you need. I tested that once installed you'll get access to /tmp/home/root accessible from Cyberduck via SFTP.

You probably don't have Entware actually running then and may not be installed. You should have an entry in /jffs/script/post-mount for mounting the USB and creating a symlink to Entware.

That did it. I guess at one point entware was installed and it was still on the USB but not "installed" installed. Working now. Now I just have to get it working on my Vera.

Thanks

I have same situation - I use Cyberduck to connect to my linux NAS but it is not working for my router running latest merlin firmware. I have entware and have installed sftp but doesn't work - so I suspect I need to configure and start sftp.

before I do anything more, has anyone got Cyberduck working with Merlin FW?

The error code in the router syslog when I try to connect is 'No matching algo kex'

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!