What's new

delay start of transmission to wait for the USB disk mount

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

sahilg009

Occasional Visitor
So I am currently on asus merlin
After every reboot transmission gives me a error unable to locate the files which vanishes as soon as i click on resume
I was wondering if it is possible to delay transmission startup by a few seconds allowing enough time for my disk to mount

So I am currently on asus merlin
After every reboot transmission gives me a error unable to locate the files which vanishes as soon as i click on resume
I was wondering if it is possible to delay transmission startup by a few seconds allowing enough time for my disk to mount
Hi,

The simplest way is to add a sleep 2m (2 minutes) into the Transmission startup script named: S88transmission located in: /opt/etc/init.d/ - at the beginning of the script!

The more complex (but at the end much better) solution is to check in the post-mount script of Merlin's firmware that ALL(!) USB devices are mounted BEFORE(!) you start Entware - which then starts all the init.de components with mounted/working USB devices... :rolleyes:

With kind regards
Joe :cool:

Last edited:
Thanks for the help
added this line to my config
disk still fail to mount and i dont think this worked as i experienced no delay in startup

Last edited:
This is what my config looks like now
ENABLED=yes
PROCS=transmission-daemon
ARGS="-g /opt/etc/transmission"
PREARGS=""
DESC=$PROCS
PATH=/opt/sbin:/opt/bin:/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin$

TRANSMISSION_WEB_HOME="/opt/share/transmission/web"

. /opt/etc/init.d/rc.func
sleep 1m

It reads the script from the top, sleeping when the job is done is normal for humans. For scripts, however...