What's new

Device Name inconstancy

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

tsunami2311

Is there way to make sure the wifi devices use the MaC address Allow/disallow name across the router ui?

I have all my wifi device name specifically per device but for some reason the Traffic manager -QOS - user defined rules

"Source ip" does not use Mac address names for all devices some are correct some are not. There are even blank entrys in that list that dont show anything but when you select them blank entrys is show an mac/ip address. this make so one has to back go wifi mac address and fiqure out what device is what.

I could rename all the devices to what I want to be seen as by the wifi but some people dont want that cause when connecting to other wifi connection the name can be seen. and even when I do that some times the name are show differently in different areas of router ui.

I just want the router UI to use the Mac Address Allow Name accross every portion of the router? is that possible is this just bug asus need to work out?

The nework client list is even wrong some times, but i can edit the name there and it stay correct.

Also is there a way to have wifi disabled on factory defualt ? so as i can set up mac address allowed before anything has chance to connect? cause once something connected and it if it not one of our personal devices it in the system permanently certian area of router ui and it cant be deleted from system with out it being connected.

Last edited: