What's new

DHCP problems? AC86U on ziggo modem (Technicolor tc7210.z)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

bhennink

Occasional Visitor
Hi I have n ASUS RT-AC86U modem with Merlin firmware.
This was doing fine until today.
Internet connection was lost after power loss.
Had some heavy contact with Ziggo support and the guarantied that the modem is OK
Connecting the PC directly to the modem gave a working connection.
So for now the ziggo modem in reset from bridged modem to normal mode such that we have internet again.
After this I realized I have another TP link router hanging as range extender, that after reset is now connected as router to the moden . This has no issues.

I am a bit stuck here. I want the Asus back but how do I get this solved?
There are no special settings done in the router.
All local traffing over the asus router is fine. It only keeps telling "No internet connection"

Last edited:
Hi I have n ASUS RT-AC86U modem with Merlin firmware.
This was doing fine until today.
Internet connection was lost after power loss.
Had some heavy contact with Ziggo support and the guarantied that the modem is OK
Connecting the PC directly to the modem gave a working connection.
So fro now the ziggo modem in reset from bridged modem to normal mode such that we haven internet again.
After this I realized I have another router hanging as range extender that after reset is now connected as router to the moden . THis has no issues.

I am a bit stuck here. I want the Asus back but how do I get this solved?
There are no special settings done in the router.
All local traffing over the asus router is fine. It only keeps telling "No internet connection"

What firmware is installed on it specifically? What, if any, custom configurations past defaults have you applied to it?

There are a lot of potential fixes for your issue. Try using search while others come and read this new thread.

@L&LD the Merlin firmware is RT-AC86U_384.10_2.
I have not done any odd custom configurations.
I have used theVPN client the last months, which I switched off after discovering connection problems. Furter a few reserved addresses in the DHCP settings. And off course the Wifi SSID's and passwords for the connecttions. And AirVPN suggested DNS servers.
I am aready busy searching and ended also up here on this forum;) For non native Englisch it is sometimes hard to find a proper search string
I did a lot of searching already but no luck sofar,. I have found some post related to dropping DHCP connection but did not get the feeling that this was a similar problem, my connection does not come up at all as far as I can see..
The weird thing is that the TPLink 4300 router works without problem in the same setup

BTW I hade the same problems with the stock Firmware That is why I did not submit the question in the dedicated Rmerlin section.

I did a factory reset and clean setup and after this the router/moden combi is working normally for 2 months so I assume there was sometihing messed up,

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!