What's new

Difference between these two types of splitters?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mingky

New Around Here
I couldn't find anything on the differences between the following two types of coax splitters:

180985131_2-way-regal-coaxial-tv-f-cable-splitter-rg6-rg59-hdtv-.jpg
$_35.JPG

I understand that the common one on the left has a PCB inside to keep good impedance matching across the band and provide high port isolation, obviously this would be absent in the one on the right. Am I right to assume then that all frequencies and not just 5-1000MHz would be passed through?

I would think the T-junction type splitter would work great for MoCA since I wouldn't need to use higher frequency splitters (eg. 2400MHz) or am I wrong about this? I've tried this with my Actiontec ECB6200s and they work great with it.

MoCA aside, would each splitter be particularly better in HDTV or cable Internet applications in terms of signal quality?

5-1000 mhz ,is the maximum frequency that the splitter can work up to without causing loss

OP mentioned Z matching and isolation etc. He should know what he is doing then. Just hope signal strength is enough to split. Splitting causes loss regardless of frequency. If interested use a multi meter
and take a measurement whether on on the right has nothing extra inside at the T junction.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!