What's new

DIR 859 Strange problems

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

François Racine

New Around Here
Hi,

I bought 2 weeks ago a DIR 859 (http://support.dlink.ca/ProductInfo.aspx?m=DIR-859 Firmware 1.04).
Before that, I was wondering why I was running at 100 mbps but my cabling and NIC were Gigabyte. So my router was the problem as it was able to run only at 100 mbps.

My home network has 2 Windows 10 computers and 1 Samsung tablet.

Since the router replacement, I have strange problems. I ran all test with IE and Edge.

1. Some site are not appearing immediately: Banking, cruise, shop. A Wheel is running and the site is not loading. I have to stop loading then reload and the site will appear. My son is running a game and the once join, sometimes, the game does not load for him.

2. On the router, I am using the new GUI and trying to add computers on QOS (trying to solve point 1) then click on save and the list load empty. So saving is not working.

3. DHCP reservation. I have a Print server showing as unknown in my list. If I enable DHCP Reservation and write an IP address then saving the saving is not working. Nothing is keep. But it is working with XBOX one, other network printer, tablet and computers. But not this print server.

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

François

Yes . I had the same problems with 1.0.4 and it works better with 1.0.3. Still not out of the woods - sometimes saved inputs such as device names still don't stick. Also now I have the annoying problem of the time that is out by an hour despite selecting EDT and it's supposed to upload automatically from DLINK server! Also, can someone please explain what the yellow blocks on the schedule mean: enabled or blocked? The manual is very poor - I have to say I am NOT impressed at all!