What's new

Disable Wifi and/or WPS physical button.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

daviddrf

Occasional Visitor
Hello to all. I have an Asus RT-AC68U and I would like to ask if is there any chance to disable the physical buttons for WPS and wifi through web, Telnet, SSH or similar (not opening the case and disconnecting any physical wire). Thanks in advance and thanks for reading me too.

Hello to all. I have an Asus RT-AC68U and I would like to ask if is there any chance to disable the physical buttons for WPS and wifi through web, Telnet, SSH or similar (not opening the case and disconnecting any physical wire). Thanks in advance and thanks for reading me too.
To disable WPS on the web gui, go to Wireless-WPS Tab. Set "Enable WPS" to OFF.

Note: WPS function will not be available if SSID is hidden.

To disable WPS on the web gui, go to Wireless-WPS Tab. Set "Enable WPS" to OFF.

Note: WPS function will not be available if SSID is hidden.
Thank you Xentrk for your help. That option is already disabled in my case, although it's true I didn't remember it. Is there any option for the wifi button? I've been checking that on the router's web configuration but I didn't succeed.

Thank you Xentrk for your help. That option is already disabled in my case, although it's true I didn't remember it. Is there any option for the wifi button? I've been checking that on the router's web configuration but I didn't succeed.
That one I don't know. I know I have accidently toggled the wifi button on the front of the router in error two times myself.

I see an nvram variable called
Code:
btn_wifi_toggle=0

that may be able to be changed to a 1 to disable it? But I don't know for sure. I'm sure @RMerlin or one of the other forum members will be able to offer help on this question.

That option is to report the state of the toggle switch for models like the original RT-AC68U which used a toggle switch instead of a button).

Physical buttons cannot be disabled by the user.

That one I don't know. I know I have accidently toggled the wifi button on the front of the router in error two times myself.

I see an nvram variable called
Code:
btn_wifi_toggle=0

that may be able to be changed to a 1 to disable it? But I don't know for sure. I'm sure @RMerlin or one of the other forum members will be able to offer help on this question.
That option is to report the state of the toggle switch for models like the original RT-AC68U which used a toggle switch instead of a button).

Physical buttons cannot be disabled by the user.
OK guys, thank you both of you anyway for the information and the support. Bye.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!