What's new

Disabled WMM APSD for Stable Android Device Internet on Wi-Fi

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mick Mickle

Regular Contributor
Thanks to redpants comments in this thread, http://www.snbforums.com/threads/rt-n66u-dropping-my-laptops-5ghz-connection-to-the-internet.21448/, I solved a long time problem over many versions of firmware of my Android phones and tablet losing Internet connection sporadically over Wi-Fi. My devices are Samsung S3, Samsung Note 3, and Motorola Xoom. The Xoom almost always lost Internet connection when not used for a few hours - still connected to router though - solution was to turn Wi-Fi off then back on in Xoom - nuisance. The S3 & Note 3 would show problem through Samsung messages of poor Internet connection or can't load browser page - still connected to router with good signal strength. Disabling "Enable WMM APSD" under the Wireless Professional menu has fixed it! I never saw any references to this before - might have just missed them. Hope this helps someone else with same problem.

It was trial and error for me, but this setting always disconnects my Samsung S3 from WIFI..
Enable WMM No-Acknowledgement

Guess I jumped the gun. Disabling this setting wasn't a panacea, at least not for the Motorola Xoom. It still gets disconnected from the Internet over Wi-Fi when it's been idle for a while. There were early versions of firmware that kept it connected to the Internet. However, Internet stability for Samsung Note 3 continues to be great.