What's new

Diversion - wildcard whitelist?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Rob Q

I want to add multiple domains to the whitelist but since I'm not sure of their excat name, I am hoping to use the wildcard feature.
For example, I want to order something online from BestBuy but Diversion is blocking the reserve in store page. Since I don't know the exact URL, I was hoping to add everything from bestbuy.ca so it doesn't screw up my order. That's just one of my scenarios.
In the meantime, I'm going to keep it disabled until I can find a way to do this.
upload_2019-1-17_17-8-1.png

I want to add multiple domains to the whitelist but since I'm not sure of their excat name, I am hoping to use the wildcard feature.
For example, I want to order something online from BestBuy but Diversion is blocking the reserve in store page. Since I don't know the exact URL, I was hoping to add everything from bestbuy.ca so it doesn't screw up my order. That's just one of my scenarios.
In the meantime, I'm going to keep it disabled until I can find a way to do this.
View attachment 15949
Everything you need is right here. just keep reading.;):)

Thanks. I'll check it out.
I'm not saying that it's not a good program, in fact I think it's an excellent little program and it's doing it's job to well. lol
But yeah, kudos to @thelonelycoder for a job well done. :)

View attachment 15949
You need some experience using the Diversion f function to watch the log for blocked domains while you browse the site giving you problems. Whitelisting *.bestbuy.com might not help at all, because the page could be choking on a domain from an ad network, not bestbuy.com.

When you see a red entry show onscreen while browsing the site, whitelist that individual domain and refresh the bestbuy site and try again. It’s possible that first whitelisted domain will unleash a new domain that also needs to be whitelisted. Eventually it will work as you want.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!