What's new

DLNA server - how to define subdirectory?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

vrapp

In DLNA media server I tried to define a subdirectory as one of the directories where to search for the content, but GUI does not allow to navigate lower than top directory. I tried to specify it by editing .conf file, but it did not work either. Can someone suggest how to achieve that? On the picture, it's a subdirectory of "storage".

attachment.php

OK, I ran opkg install minidlna and it completed successfully. Can you tell, how to configure and start it?

Also, I'm little confused: from the readme that comes with the firmware, it looks like the media server in Merlin package is already minidlna; and the configuration file is actually called minidlna.conf. So why the difference?

First disable stock minidlna from router ui, then edit minidlna.conf from entware.
The this is the major difference, you can edit conf file and db will not be recreated on every router reboot.

Will restart automatically when router reboot.
Manually:
/opt/etc/init.d/S90minidlna start stop restart

We can install miniDLNA directly in entware but via Debian as well.
What is the difference ?

Isn't additional running of Debian too CPU intensive ?