What's new

Dns-filter requieres a reboot for any change with 378.50

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Mistermoonlight

Regular Contributor
I don't know if i missed something, but here the topo:

i have dns filter enable with global profile set to opendns and some mac addresses using a different dns filtering setup (norton, custom, etc). Everything is working perfectly well, but i am never able to change any dns filtering setting (like adds/deletes new custom filtering rules and press apply button) without rebooting the router which i find it a little bit annoying. If i don't reboot the router, it is simply ignoring my changes...

I have also a couple of rules of that kind in firewall script:
iptables -I FORWARD 11 -p udp -s x.x.x.x -d y.y.y.y/16 -j REJECT

Router is rt-n66u

Last edited:
I can't reproduce the issue here. Whenever I make any change to the DNSFilter page and apply it, the changes correctly show up in the DNSFILTER chain, under the nat table.

Don't forget that any previous resolution gets cached by the client, so you might not be able to see any change unless you also flush the client's cache.

I can't reproduce the issue here. Whenever I make any change to the DNSFilter page and apply it, the changes correctly show up in the DNSFILTER chain, under the nat table.

Don't forget that any previous resolution gets cached by the client, so you might not be able to see any change unless you also flush the client's cache.

In which file can i check the DNSFILTER chain?

I will retest to see if i flush the dnscache of the client if this solve the problem. Is this possible rebooting the rooter cause a dns cache flush on the client cause the connection is momentarily broken?

I hope this is not related to using parental control because i have already a bug releated to filtering rules and that feature which is enable on my side...

In which file can i check the DNSFILTER chain?

I will retest to see if i flush the dnscache of the client if this solve the problem. Is this possible rebooting the rooter cause a dns cache flush on the client cause the connection is momentarily broken?

I hope this is not related to using parental control because i have already a bug releated to filtering rules and that feature which is enable on my side...

Run the following command:

Code:
iptables -t nat -L -v