What's new

dnsmasq.conf - option 125 (vendor-specific)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

goncalob

New Around Here
Hi

If anyone could help me in configuring the following on the DHCP service:
Option125 (vi-vendor-specific-info)
Enterprise : 3561
Suboption : 4
Value : (env)_OUI
Flags : -
Suboption : 5
Value : (env)_PROD_SERIAL_NBR
Suboption : 6
Value : (env)_PROD_FRIENDLY_NAME

Sorry but I'm newbie in this so would really appreciate any help.
Note: This was taken from a Thomson router which I'm replacing by the Asus. IPTV is working perfectly but need this option to be delivered to whoever requests it in this case the IPTV media boxes.

Thanks

Hi

If anyone could help me in configuring the following on the DHCP service:
Option125 (vi-vendor-specific-info)
Enterprise : 3561
Suboption : 4
Value : (env)_OUI
Suboption : 5
Value : (env)_PROD_SERIAL_NBR
Suboption : 6
Value : (env)_PROD_FRIENDLY_NAME

Sorry but I'm newbie in this so would really appreciate any help.
Note: This was taken from a Thomson router which I'm replacing by the Asus. IPTV is working perfectly but need this option to be delivered to whoever requests it in this case the IPTV media boxes.

Thanks

I am well versed in the mechanics of DHCP and the common options. This 125 option is very specific to vendors. You should read the RFC for more info and contact your vendor of the hardware that requires this to be configured:

http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc3925

I had also a question about DNSMasq and IPTV. Be sure to name the file dnsmasq.conf.add, because all other settings will be overwritten if you name if .conf. I also used log-dhcp in the config to see what it's doing and checked if that was correct with cat /etc/dnsmasq.conf.

See my topic.

I'm replacing my ISP and IPTV provider's router so they will not give me any information regarding the option 125 to be configured on the Asus router. I got that info from they're router itself and that's it.

Thank you all will try it.
Very good reference that link from thekelleys

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk