What's new

Do I need Factory Default Reset when update to 3.0.0.4.384.20648?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ac66ub1

Occasional Visitor
When I bought AC66U-B1,the firmware version is 3.0.0.4.382_19333.
Then I get notice to update firmware, then system automatically download latest firmware and my router was updated to 3.0.0.4.384.20648.
After that, do I need to Factory Default Reset?

Did you buy the router new?
If yes: no need to revert to factory defaults.
If no: perform a factory reset and configure the router manual again.

Did you buy the router new?
If yes: no need to revert to factory defaults.
If no: perform a factory reset and configure the router manual again.
Actually, the setting are same between 2 versions.I am not sure if I can output the setting .cfg file and import to new version ?

When I bought AC66U-B1,the firmware version is 3.0.0.4.382_19333.
Then I get notice to update firmware, then system automatically download latest firmware and my router was updated to 3.0.0.4.384.20648.
After that, do I need to Factory Default Reset?

Yes, you should, imo. Given ASUS seems to be building their router firmware and introducing major new AiMesh functionality piecemeal after the sale, you would be wise to always reconfigure your router from scratch after each upgrade until you feel confident to do otherwise. This may avoid self-inflicted problems and help debug the real defects.

See NVRAM and Factory Default Reset FAQ.

OE

Actually, the setting are same between 2 versions.I am not sure if I can output the setting .cfg file and import to new version ?
The configuration saved with a certain firmware version shall NOT be used with another firmware version.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!