What's new

Does Asus RT-AC68U in repeater mode allow LAN connections?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

gbadvancero

New Around Here
Hi all, I have reading a lot but haven't been able to figure this out anywhere.

I want to configure my Asus RT-AC68U as repeater mode, but I want to allow using the LAN ports for connecting some devices via Ethernet. Is this possible? I made a first attempt but the LAN seemed to not work, so maybe there is something extra i need to configure (I simply set the router as repeater and then assign to my wifi network).

Thanks in advanced!

There are certain requirements for repeater bridge mode to work. Did you try to connect 2 routers of the same chipsets and make. i.e. 2 rt-ac68u? If yes, then repeater will allow both wifi and lan on the repeater to work. They both need to have the same firmware. Repeater and wds requirements are the same. Try wds if your repeater does not work.

Just tested my RT-AC68U with firmware 384_32738 in repeater-mode connected via WiFi-5G to an RT-AC86U and later to a Fritzbox-modemrouter and could use LAN-port on repeater in same way as WiFi devices with access to my intratnet and internet.

So in my test I could use LAN-ports even in repeater-mode, despite the repeater-mode picture showing in admin-mode-setting with only WiFi connection to clients.
Maybe this behavior changed with later firmwares, dont know.