What's new

Does BCM43684(or Archer AX6000) support OFDMA on 2.4GHz band?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

minmossi

New Around Here
I want to buy a router that support 802.11ax / OFDMA on 2.4+5GHz UL+DL / Beam Forming / Band Stirring / HE+VHT 160MHz / >2.5G Ethernet WAN / DLNA, SAMBA service on >USB3.0 port.

I'm interested by Tp-link Archer AX6000 because it's quite cheap right now in my country, and I know it support UL/DL OFDMA on 5GHz band right now. Does this device support DL/UL OFDMA on 2.4GHz now? If not, does the hardware itself have capability?

I want to buy a router that support 802.11ax / OFDMA on 2.4+5GHz UL+DL / Beam Forming / Band Stirring / HE+VHT 160MHz / >2.5G Ethernet WAN / DLNA, SAMBA service on >USB3.0 port.

I'm interested by Tp-link Archer AX6000 because it's quite cheap right now in my country, and I know it support UL/DL OFDMA on 5GHz band right now. Does this device support DL/UL OFDMA on 2.4GHz now? If not, does the hardware itself have capability?

Chipset itself support it, however it is up to manufacturers of routers to implement it. Given how many problems we are facing with 5 ghz, I except manufacturers might be hesitate to support in 2.4 ghz, but that may change as technology matures and bugs are squashed.

I'm interested by Tp-link Archer AX6000 because it's quite cheap right now in my country, and I know it support UL/DL OFDMA on 5GHz band right now.
Have you verified this via packet capture? I keep asking TP-Link if any of their Wi-Fi 6 products support OFDMA and keep getting told they do not.

The Broadcom AX radio is capable of UL and DL OFDMA on both bands. But manufacturers have not enabled it on 2.4 GHz. I'm told the reason is it causes connection problems with some legacy devices.

Have you verified this via packet capture? I keep asking TP-Link if any of their Wi-Fi 6 products support OFDMA and keep getting told they do not.

The Broadcom AX radio is capable of UL and DL OFDMA on both bands. But manufacturers have not enabled it on 2.4 GHz. I'm told the reason is it causes connection problems with some legacy devices.

I read 5GHz UL/DL support by AX50(Intel) and AX6000 by some chinese website, so it's possible that they are wrong. But since Tp-link adverties their router that supports OFDMA, isn't that fraud if they don't support any form of OFDMA?