What's new

Does fsck work for anyone else?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

blackjackel

Occasional Visitor
Every time disk needs to be checked I get this error:

/dev/sda1 has been mounted 21 times without being checked, check forced. /dev/sda1: Error allocating icount structure: Memory allocation failed e2fsck: aborted

Then I have to run fsck using my linux boot usb stick, has anyone had luck with the built in fsck working (and completing) sucessfully?

Every time disk needs to be checked I get this error:

/dev/sda1 has been mounted 21 times without being checked, check forced. /dev/sda1: Error allocating icount structure: Memory allocation failed e2fsck: aborted

Then I have to run fsck using my linux boot usb stick, has anyone had luck with the built in fsck working (and completing) sucessfully?

Those routers don't have enough memory to run fsck on a large filesystem.

I use a different version of the fsck tools on my FW, but I never really tested them either with a large hard disk - I only use flash drives on my routers.

Ah, i'm running it on a 4TB drive, this explains it!

Is there a way to disable disk checks after a specific amount of mounts? I'm doing some tests on the router and rebooting it a bunch of times, and i have to do this disk scan almost every day because of this.

Is there a way to disable disk checks after a specific amount of mounts? I'm doing some tests on the router and rebooting it a bunch of times, and i have to do this disk scan almost every day because of this.

Please count me on those interested by an answer on that point...

I currently don't have an ext format disk attached to test it, but you can try

tune2fs -c 0 /dev/sda1

Verified the tune2fs binary is installed on my 374 base fork code, so hopefully will also be on the later levels.

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!